1999 Tahoe starts then dies

Home Forums Auto Repair Help 1999 Tahoe starts then dies

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Will 5 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mike Petrie
    Participant

I found a very clean 1999 Tahoe for 1200.00 and the ole boy before me changed the computer, fuel filter, ignition control module, then I got it home and checked the fire and there was none, so I pulled the distributor and found that it was about 180 out, so that was an easy fix. then I checked the power to the fuel pump… the grey wire showed near 12 volts for 2 seconds and began to trickle down fast, so I changed the fuel pump and it is starting for 4 seconds then died, then starting for 2 seconds and died then starting and died. I let it set for a bit, then prime the pump by turning the key 3 times and it’s the same steps of starting and dying.. Lord knows im challenged, but I could use another direction to start fishin in if anyone could send me a heads up of what ya might think it could be please.
    Thanks and God Bless.
    Iron Mike

Will
    Keymaster

Hmmm ok where should we start, that 2 seconds key on engine off is normal.

Since your there, do this same test with a test light use a test light with a light bulb.

1st. Perform same test with the test light. Nice and bright?
    Compare to going across the battary.

2nd. same test while cranking over the engine.

Let me know what you find

• This reply was modified 5 days, 18 hours ago by  Will Robinson.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar